Darrin E. Hunt
Darrin joined Watson Millican & Co. in August 2021. He has over 30 years of operating and project experience in the refining and petrochemical industry, being heavily involved in the management of project scope development, detail design, cost estimation and tracking, change management, procurement, construction and start-up activities. For the last 9 years, Darrin has acted as Claims Manager for an EPC company, being heavily involved in claim preparation and dispute resolution involving both internal and external counsel.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering with Honors – The University of Texas at Austin – 1990
- Capital Project Estimating and Change Management – Participated the development of EPC Project Estimates, including development and management of change orders.
- Detailed Engineering Coordination and Execution – Experienced in overseeing Front End Engineering (FEED) development and detailed engineering activities associated with civil, structural, piping, instrumentation and electrical systems. Experienced in Hazop risk assessment during project execution.
- Capital Project Management – Provided project management and project engineering coordination on multiple projects ranging in size up to $100 million, including on site construction support. Experience consists of grass roots EPC Projects related to Sulfur, Hydrogen, and Gas Plant units as well as renovation of existing Syngas, Methanol, Acetic Acid, Vinyl Acetate Monomer, and Resin production facilities.
- Claims Development – Experienced in development of project schedule delay analysis, including cost impacts associated with losses in productivity and extensions of time. Experienced in evaluation of overall project impacts and development of both cost and schedule recovery efforts.
- Technical Engineering Support for Legal Disputes – Experienced in development of technical positions in support of both internal and external counsel, including the pre-arbitration technical support